If you haven’t watched the first video of how to log in and write a post in WordPress, please do so because this video will make more sense if you do. 🙂
- To add a picture to a post you need to click the Add Media button that is directly below your post title.
- A new window will pop up with the option to use a picture you have already uploaded or to upload a new picture.
- When you choose to upload a new picture a window will pop up asking you select the picture from your computer.
- Select the picture and click the button that says Choose.
- Your picture will upload and then you can select the Insert Into Post button on the right side. (You may have to scroll down slightly.)
- The picture will then be inserted into your post.
- You can choose to left, right, or center align your photo.
- Another feature you can use in your posts is the heading feature. You can choose to use various heading sizes for important text you want to highlight. These are located in a drop down menu below the Add Media button.
- There are also options for using bullets and numbers. I have used the numbering feature for this list.
- Below the area where you can write a post there are various options. Two that you might choose to use are the Custom Document Title (Just retype your post title here.) and the Custom Post Meta Description (You could write a short, description paragraph about your post.). These two features are supposed to be good for SEO and would be the information that would show up in a Google search versus the first few lines of your post.
- If you like to write ahead you can schedule your posts in advance by changing the date your post will publish. You can also change the date if you started the post earlier and came back to finish it another date and want it to be published as soon as you are finished.
I hope you have found this, and my first tutorial, to be helpful for knowing how to write a post in WordPress. Please let me know if you have any questions.