If you like to use PicMonkey to edit your photos (or if you don’t even know what PicMonkey is) then you need to watch my video tutorial which will show you how to reduce the file size of your photo for faster load times on your WordPress site.
- Upload your photo to PicMonkey.
- Crop the photo as desired. You can use one of the preset cropping sizes or just crop as desired.
- Reduce the file size with the resize feature. I recommend choosing the exact width you need to fill most of your content area in your post.
- Optional: Add text, frames, etc. to your photo.
- Save your photo. Make sure the file is no more than 200 KB to ensure the fastest load times for your site. Also, rename your photo when you save it.
- Upload the file to WordPress and insert it into your post.
- Set a featured image for your post.
- Preview your post to double check how the photo looks.
- Publish your post.
Let me know if you have any questions or if anything isn’t clear.