Here are the steps you need to take before we begin the design process.
1. Choose a Design Package
We have several design packages available to choose from.
- Blog Design Package
- Website Design Package
- Blogger to WordPress Transfer
- Site Maintenance
- Other Graphic Design Elements
2. Contact Us
- Fill out our contact form and let us know what design package you would like to choose.
- We will let you know what our availability is and get you an exact quote.
- Once we have agreed to work together you will be invoiced through Paypal for half of the cost of your design package.
- When we receive your payment we will email you a form that will help guide you through the rest of the design process. Some of the steps you will need to follow are outlined below. Getting the ball rolling by following steps 3-5 will help us get your site up and running even sooner.
3. Purchase a Domain Name
- If you have a Blogger blog and you want to transfer to WordPress (self-hosted) I recommend purchasing your domain name through Blogger. This will ensure that your current links transfer to your new domain name before you switch to WordPress. To do this you will need to login to Blogger and click “Settings” on the left side. On the page that pops up you will see the word “Publishing”. Click the “add a custom domain” link and follow the steps.
- If you are not on Blogger and are ready to start a blog or website from scratch you will need to purchase a domain name as well. You can purchase a domain name through the hosting company of your choice or through domain.com or GoDaddy or namecheap.com.
4. Purchase Hosting
- There are two companies that I have worked with and recommend: Bluehost and HostGator (affiliate links).
5. Gather Ideas for Your New Blog/Website
- Look at various websites you like and get a feel for what elements you would like for your site.
- What colors do you want for your site? (This is a fun place to look at various color combinations.)
- Think about what you hope to gain from your new site. What is your vision?
- Bookmark or create a private Pinterest board to collect all of your ideas for your new site.
We look forward to working with you!