So, you have this new WordPress blog/website and don’t know where to begin. Well, here’s a little video I made to help you get started.
- Type in your domain name and wp-login.php. Example. http://yoursite.com/wp-login.php
- At the login screen type in your username and password and then click the “Log In” button.
- After logging in you will be taken to your WordPress dashboard. To write a post click on the Posts tab on the left side.
- Click “Add New” to add a new post.
- Type your post title where it says “Enter title here” near the top of your screen.
- Directly below the title you will see a menu of options for text formatting, adding pictures, etc.
- Choose a category from the “Categories” section on the right side of the screen. You can create a new category by clicking “+Add New Category”.
- Write your post in the large blank area below the title and menu.
- Save your post by clicking “Save Draft” in the area to the right.
- Preview your post by clicking “Preview”.
- When you are satisfied with your post click the “Publish” button.
- Your post will now be live on your site.
Stay tuned for more video tutorials on how to use your WordPress website.